The main difference between medical protective clothing and isolation gown is that medical protective clothing is more durable than isolation gown, with a higher level of protection and better protection performance. In addition to meeting the requirements of high-strength, high-abrasion and other wearing requirements, the two are often different due to different protection purposes and principles. Although medical protective clothing is better than isolation gowns, the cost is relatively high, so the choice of medical protective clothing is different for various jobs. The following is a detailed analysis by Winner on the differences between the two through the characteristics of medical protective clothing and isolation gown.
Protective clothing for medical use is the medical protective equipment worn by clinical medical staff when they come into contact with patients with Class A or managed as Class A infectious diseases. Isolation gowns are protective equipment used for medical staff to avoid contamination by blood, body fluids and other infectious substances during contact, or to protect patients from infection.
Wear isolation gown:
1. When contacting patients with infectious diseases spread by contact, such as patients with infectious diseases, patients infected with multi-drug resistant bacteria, etc.
2. When patients are subject to protective isolation, such as diagnosis, treatment, and nursing of patients with extensive burns and bone marrow transplantation.
3. When paramedics may be splashed by the patient's blood, body fluids, secretions, and feces.
4. Whether to wear isolation gowns when entering special departments such as ICU, NICU, protective wards, etc., should depend on the medical staff's purpose and contact with patients, as well as internal regulations.
Wear medical protective clothing:
When contacting patients with airborne and droplet-borne infectious diseases, paramedics may be splashed by the patient's blood, body fluids, secretions, and feces.
Medical protective clothing is a one-way isolation to prevent medical staff from being infected, and is mainly aimed at medical staff; while isolation gowns are to prevent medical staff from being infected or contaminated, and to prevent patients from being infected, which is a two-way isolation.
1. Medical protective clothing is also an important part of medical protective equipment. The basic function is to block viruses, bacteria and other harmful substances, so as to protect medical staff from infection during diagnosis, treatment and nursing.
2. Medical protective clothing also meets the requirements of normal use functions, and have good wearing comfort and safety, such as better moisture permeability, flame retardancy and alcohol corrosion resistance.
3. Medical protective clothing has the characteristics of anti-permeability, good air permeability, high strength and high hydrostatic pressure resistance. It is mainly used in fields such as industry, electronics, and medical treatment to prevent chemical and bacterial infections.
18 Oct 2022
Why Medical Disposables Are A Necessity
01 Feb 2023
Winner Medical tells you: How to prevent bacteria.
09 Jul 2021
What Aspects Should Be Paid Attention to when Buying Children's Surgical Face Mask Online?
18 Oct 2021
How to Distinguish Between Medical Masks and Non-medical Masks
Other Medical Product Solutions Wound Care Gauze Liquid Skin Protectants Foam Dressing Silicone Wound Contact Layer Silicone Scar Repair Sheet Silver Antimicrobial Dressing Masks Face Mask Protective Coverall Incotinence Hygiene OR Solutions Personal Care Bandage Debridement PHMB Antimicrobial Dressing Gloves Particulate Respirator Isolation Gowns Hand Disinfection Ear, Nose and Throat Care Wipes PurCotton Daily Care Adhesive and Film Dressing Exudate Management Protective Apparel Other Protective Product Surface Disinfection